|ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ / ΦΩΤΟ-ΠΑΡΟΥΣΙΑΣΗ / ΠΑΡΟΥΣΙΑΣΗ ΑΡΘΡΩΝ|
|ΑΞΙΟΘΕΑΤΑ ΤΟΥ ΝΗΣΙΟΥ|
Old Perithia (gr. Palaia Peritheia) is a deserted village. It is located high up, off the main road between Kassiopi and Acharavi. It is strange driving in the mountains, coming across this deserted village with a few sheep and some Tavernas in the middle! Even more interesting, walking around just wondering about those who used to live here.As tourism developed, down on the coast, more of the village inhabitants and families moved down to the 'new' coastal resorts. By 1955 the village was occupied only during the summer months. After these months the remaining villagers would come down to their olive groves to harvest their crops. By 1975 most of the villagers had moved further down the mountain and only a few remained. Today there are some people who live in the old village throughout the whole year and Old Perithia is now a tourist destinations to visit.
Angelokastro is one of the most important fortified complexes on Corfu. It was very strategic, impregnable position at the north-west extremity of the island, commanding a view of almost the entire south Adriatic. Angelokastro have been fortified and occupied for the first time in the early Byzantine period (5th-6th c.)
Gouvia, Venetian Shipyard Since ancient times , the sailors considered the port and the bay of Gouvia in Corfu Island – Greece, to be the safest port in the region between the Adriatic and the Mediterranean Sea, as well as a haven for amusement boats to enjoy the climate and the beauties of the island. The Venetians , as the rulers of the sea that they were in the 17th century, chose the region to create a naval port and a shipyard , whose relics exist to this day.